APEI Certified Fitness Training
Students will learn entry-level skills to perform fitness assessments and develop safe and effective training programs for clients with different conditioning levels, goals and limitations.
Students will be introduced to topics such as anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, exercise prescription, program progression, components of an exercise training plan, from warm up to cool down, including flexibility techniques, cardiorespiratory protocols, exercise selection, correct posture and main resistance exercise techniques for all body segments using different techniques. Students will also learn marketing strategies, client relations and professional ethics like scope of practice, responsibility and continuing education.
1. Understand what makes up a positive client experience
2. Understand how to perform an initial fitness assessment
3. Understand and communicate the components of the human movement system and biomechanics terminology
4. Describe exercise metabolism
5. Explain in simple terms the skeletal, muscular and cardio-respiratory system
6. Understand and be able to communicate nutritional concepts like macro and micronutrients
7. Understand the cause and symptoms of chronic health conditions